Story Boarding: YouTube Videos
Ever curious on how I conceptualize my YouTube videos and the process I take from brainstorming to editing? This hobby has been so fulfilling, expressive and rewarding in terms of satisfying my creative needs. It's been said that YouTube is too saturated but I believe if you create from your heart without expectation then you can't lose! I am truly grateful for every viewer, like, comment and subscriber. Hopefully these steps and tips can give you a better understanding of how I bring my ideas to life.
- FIND STYLE INSPIRATION: Usually I poke around on Pinterest for outfit ideas (check out my fashion board) or look at the notes of outfits I've written down.
- FIND VIDEO INSPIRATION: This is the hardest part for me because I want to try everything instead of find *one* style of video. I watch over 10 videos to find the feel of what I am looking for in coordination with my outfit. A huge part of this process is finding a song, I find it's best to find a song before filming to get all the shot needed.
- STORY BOARDING: I draw out a story board layout in my YouTube notebook and fill in the squares with each scene including the shot (Long, medium, close-up) and angle. Adding any additional ideas or thoughts that are helpful as well.
- FILMING: This is when I coordinate with my film makers, usually Vtography who filmed my most known video #OOTD in a minute - All Black or my wonderful friends. Thank you!
- EDITING: Once I upload all my videos onto my MacBook Pro, I import them into Final Cut Pro. This is my favourite part were I colour correct, trim or crop my clips and layout how I want my video to flow. Also I turn to YouTube to help improve certain techniques and transitions. I'll leave a couple links below that have really helped me grow my editing but it's a constant learning process so have patience, you can do it!