Vegan Chocolate Chunk Cookies
As promised, here is the key to making our vegan chocolate chunk cookies! We originally worked off THIS recipe but with a forgetful mind and untamed sweet tooth we kind of personalized it.
Everything can be found at your local Fresh Co grocery store and no, we are not sponsored by them but we should be!
- 1 and 1/2 cups Oats (we used BulkBarn oats)
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup Dried Coconut
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Vegan Margarine (we used Becel - which says "vegan" on the container)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Tbsp Soy Milk (we used Silk Almond Milk)
- Half a bag of Vegan Chocolate Chunks (we LOVE the brand Enjoy Life)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Add the rolled oats, all purpose flour, coconut, baking soda, salt and cinnamon to a mixing bowl and mix together.
- Cream the vegan butter and brown sugar together and then add the vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet and stir until the mixture is very crumbly.
- Add the soy milk and mix in. You may need a little more or a little less, this will depend on the water content of your vegan butter or margarine. Add in most of the chocolate chips, leaving a few of them behind to place on top when they come out the oven. Roll into balls, making sure that you get A LOT of chocolate chips into each ball and place the rolled balls onto a baking sheet. We made one tray and then made one huge cookie with the rest.
- Bake for 15 minutes. The edges should be firm and the tops lightly browned. As soon as they come out of the oven.
- Allow the cookies to cool for a few minutes before scarfing them down with some So Delicious ice cream or Haagen-Dazs non-dairy ice cream.
I hope you enjoyed this blog as much as we enjoyed making and eating them. After posting a photo of these cookies on my Instagram I had about 3 people ask for the recipe and I'd love to hear how it went for you and if you made any alterations like we did. Enjoy!